Sunday, June 1, 2014

week 2 - #SeaWheeze training recap

Weekly Miles: 19
#100bySummer: 79

Monday - 4 easy miles 

Real talk - I almost blew off today's run. I had intended on running before work. Buuut I stayed up super late watching Alias. Remember that show? I still love Jennifer Garner. 

Anyways, a run before work just didn't happen.  And it almost didn't happen after work either. At 7:30 it was either time to run or time for dinner. I wasn't super hungry and I knew if I didn't run I'd regret it. So glad I laced up my shoes and went for it. 

Tuesday - 45 min xtrain @140-150bpm + abs

Feels like I've got my groove back :-)

Wednesday - 4 mile easy run

My first morning run in a long time. It's been so hard for me to get up earlier enough to get out before work. I've started using the Nike+ run app and wow - my pace is all over the place. Which I don't necessarily think is a bad thing just different that what I've been doing so far. I almost always go by my hrm. I know where I want it to be - and it's really hilly here. Which is good training for the SeaWheeze.

Thursday - 3 mile easy run

post work run along the water.

Friday - REST

Had my last PT treatment today for my neck. It's been a reoccurring issue since high school so... hopefully this will take care of it?

Saturday - 4 miles

Legs felt light and quick this morning. I guess the cut back in miles is paying off :-) Left a little later that I had intended this morning. The sun was warm but the air was still a bit cool. Perfect. 

I find my shorter runs more mentally challenging than the long runs. Distance doesn't intimidate me anymore. This morning my monkey mind was full of chatter today. Long runs give me time to quiet the chatter.

I've got my pacing figured out. For awhile I was going too fast - pushing myself every time. When I started running with my phone to track my pace I was going too slow. Seems like I've found the sweet spot now.

Found a new water fountain today... it's a new appreciation. 

Sunday - vinyasa

"Self discipline is meant to keep us on track when we encounter moments (days, weeks, months) of weakness. The weakness can come from lack of motivation, lost perspective, low energy, bad attitudes, external circumstances, you name it. Regardless of the reason, there will be moments where staying on course means doing something we would rather no do. It won’t be fun."
~ Natalie @HelloDay

Week 3 goals

Some bad habits are sneaking their way back in. With this whole neck thing I haven't been sleeping as well and I've been putting off things like prepping my lunch the night before in favour of more couch time. It's really now working for me. Neglecting weekend meal prep results in later weekday dinners and  pre-dinner snacking. It's got to stop. I want to be lighter come race day. I want to be comfortable in my skin. These thing won't happen unless I take control.

My weekend is super busy - run, groceries, pay rent, bbq, yoga, baby shower for bestie... Somewhere in there I need have to carve out time to prep for my week. I can make it all happen ;-)

Monday - 2 easy miles
Tuesday - 45 min xtrain @140-150bpm + abs
Wednesday - 5 mile tempo run
Thursday - 2 mile easy run
Friday - REST
Saturday - 10 miles
Sunday - vinyasa
image via

No comments:

Post a Comment